Information about personal data protection
Personal data protection
This document provides all the necessary information about rights of data subjects, whose personal data are being processed by our business company PROMET SLOVAKIA , s.r.o., with its registered seat at Radlinské;ho 1730, 026 01 Dolný Kubín, Slovak Republic, as controller (hereinafter referred to as the „Controller“) in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (hereinafter referred to as the „GDPR Regulation“) and with Act No. 18/2018 Coll. on Personal Data Protection, as amended (hereinafter referred to as the "APDP").
Our business company is an operator of website www.prometslovakia.sk by which we introduce our business company and present our products to the potential and current customers and business associates.
Which personal data our business company collects and for what purpose?
By using our website www.prometslovakia.sk we collect your personal data only by the text files, viz. cookies (for further information click on the Basic explanation of cookies policy), through which we secure superior comfort for you while browsing our website. While browsing our website we also collect your IP address data.
Should you contact us in any way recommended on our website (via e-mail, via phone) for the purpose of getting further information about our business company, we are entitled to process your personal data to the extend necessary for achieving the purpose for what you provided us with your personal data. This category of personal data includes your first name and surname, your phone number, your e-mail address, your correspondence address, your date of birth, or other data necessary for fulfilling the purpose for what you provided us with those data.
Legal base and purpose of processing of personal data
Your personal data are being processed for the aforementioned purposes on the basis of at least one of the following legal bases:
- Consent of the data subject - in case of impossibility to process your personal data for the given specific purpose on any other legal basis, we shall request your consent to process your personal data. You may withdraw your consent at any time, however, your later withdrawal will have no impact on legitimacy of our previous processing of your personal data pursuant to your previously given (and then withdrawn) consent.
- Performance of a contract - in case of a contract being concluded (e.g. purchase contract, etc.), we are entitled to process your personal data on the legal base of a performance of the contract, where you are the contracting party or the implementation of pre-contractual measures shall be taken at your request (within pre-contractual relations).
- Compliance with a legal obligation - in case when the respective legislature imposes us the obligation to process your personal data (e.g. Act No. 222/2004 Coll. on the Value Added Tax, as amended, Act No. 595/2003 Coll. on the Income Tax, as amended, etc.), we process those personal data on the legal base of the compliance with a legal obligation.
- Legitimate interests - we also process your personal data for the purpose of our legitimate interests or of the legitimate interests of the third parties, whilst we use this legal basis mainly for placing the cookie files on our website for the purpose of collecting the information on how you use our website, what aspects attract your attention on our website and also for the marketing purposes.
Whom we provide your personal data?
Your personal data are provided to our business associates (dealers, customers, etc.), who provide appropriate safeguards for personal data protection, along with automated filing systems´ providers who secure supporting and technical services connected with using our website to the extend necessary for the purpose for which your personal data are being processed.
We do not intend to transfer your personal data to the third countries (non-EU countries), although these transfers may take place while using some of our business associates´ electronic services (e.g. social networks) connected with processing the personal data. However, we use only electronic services of those business associates who provide the appropriate safeguards while processing the personal data.
The period for which the personal data will be stored
The period for which your personal data will be stored is limited within the purpose for which your personal data were originally processed. As soon as there will be no further purpose of processing or the obligation of processing your personal data will not result from any relevant legislature, your personal data shall be therefore erased.
In case we process your personal data on the legitimate interest, we are entitled to process your personal data while duration of the legitimate interest, except for cases when your interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms should prevail. (click on Basic explanation of cookies policy).
What are your rights?
Pursuant to Articles 15 to 22 of GDPR Regulation in connection with § 21 to 28 of APDP, as a data subject you possess the following rights:
- to request an access to your personal data concerning you – a right to obtain a confirmation if your personal data are being processed by Controller and a right to access to those data;
- a right to rectify your personal data - a right for your wrongfully displayed personal data to be rectified with no undue delay; and with having regard to the purpose of processing the personal data, a right for your incomplete personal data to be completed;
- a right to erase your personal data (“a right to be forgotten”) – a right to request erasure of your personal data,
- if these are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected;
- if you have withdrawn the consent for the purpose of which were your personal data processed and there is no other legal base for processing your personal data;
- if you have objected to the processing of personal data on the legal base of a legitimate interest and there are no other legitimate grounds for processing the personal data prevailing;
- if you object to the processing of personal data concerning you;
- personal data must be erased to fulfil the lawful obligation of the Controller pursuant to the respective EU legislature or to the respective EU member state´s legislature;
- your personal data have been collected in connection with the offer of information society services pursuant to Article 8 Section 1 of GDPR Regulation;
- a right to restriction of processing your personal data – a right to request the temporary restriction of processing your personal data, in case that:
- you contested the accuracy of your personal data for a period during enabling the Controller to verify the accuracy of your personal data;
- processing of your personal data is unlawful and you opposed the erasure of your personal data and requested the restriction of their use instead;
- the Controller no longer needs your personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you require those data for the establishment, exercise or defence of your legal claims;
- you have objected to processing of your personal data pursuant to Article 21 Section 1 of GDPR Regulation pending the verification, whether the legitimate grounds of the Controller override yours;
- a right to object to the processing of your personal data – a right to object to the processing of your personal data on the grounds of the Controller´s legitimate interest, including the right to object to the profiling. The Controller shall no longer process your personal data unless the Controller demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing of those data which override your interests, rights and freedoms or demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the establishment, exercise or defence of your legal claims. You also possess the right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, including profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing.
- a right of portability of your personal data - a right to receive your personal data which you have provided to the Collector in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and right to transmit those personal data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which your personal data have been provided, provided that the processing is based on your consent and is carried out by automated means;
- a right to withdraw the consent with the processing of your personal data (if your personal data are being processed on the grounds of the consent of the data subject) at any time;
- a right to bring an action against the Office for Personal Data Protection of The Slovak Republic, with office seat at Hraničná 12, 820 07 Bratislava 27, Slovak Republic, pursuant to § 100 of APDP.
Contact on the collector:
PROMET SLOVAKIA, s. r. o.
026 01 Dolný Kubín
Contact person: Ing. Tomáš Konečný